assignment_turned_in Tax refund from Germany
You can apply for a tax refund from Germany up to 4 years back.
The basis for applying for a tax refund from Germany is a document issued by the employer - LOHNSTEUERBESCHEINIGUNG.
You can submit a tax return individually or with your spouse.
The billing process usually takes 3 to 6 months.
The German tax settlement is obligatory when:
- you worked for several employers
- one of the spouses has tax class III, and the other spouse has lived outside Germany or has tax class V or VI
- your income has exceeded the tax-free amount and your employer has not paid withholding tax
- you have had an income of more than EUR 10 700 and the Lohnsteuerbescheiningung has the amounts entered in items 17 or 20
- you run a business
- you are a pensioner
- you were receiving social welfare benefits in Germany, eg unemployment, sickness
- you have received a summons
We can include the following costs in the declaration:
- commuting - can only be deducted if the distance between home and work was more than 20 km
- running a double household - available to people who, due to their professional situation, bear the costs of living in Germany and traveling between Poland and Germany
- work tools, workwear, specialist literature, employee courses
The above costs must be borne by the taxpayer and confirmed by bills / invoices, and in the case of commuting, the meter and mileage are also required.